Eight Great Ideas
Simple Ways to Transform Your Teaching
Based upon his newest book, Eight Great Ideas, this workshop will take teachers through all eight chapters and provide them with proven techniques that will boost teacher effectiveness and student achievement.
In this seminar you'll learn to...
- apply the six Core Principles of Teaching that help to make teachers truly effective (Chapter 1: Core Principles)
- stop echoing student answers and empower your students to more fully participant in lessons and discussions (Chapter 2: Confessions of a Former Echoer)
- incorporate simple phrases that help to develop the critically important relationship you need to have with your students
(Chapter 3: The Top Ten Things I Say)
- use music to initiate procedures and eliminate the need for you to engage in any unnecessary talk (Chapter 4: How to Use Music for Management)
- help your students become better writers through the use of a simple, yet effective, writing technique (Chapter 5: Sentence Strips: Cut-and-Paste Paragraphs)
- create a homework program that is manageable for you, your students, and their parents (Chapter 6: Homework Made Easier)
- apply a powerful discipline strategy that will allow you to not only focus on the students who require intervention but provide them with the support they need to improve (Chapter 7: ADOPT Your Class)
- create a simple and enjoyable way to recognize students for their behavior and achievement (Chapter 8: Credit Cards)
- maximize the power of your natural teaching style
- reduce your stress on a daily basis
Note: Presentation includes a copy of the Eight Great Ideas book ($15) for each participant.
Schedule a presentation.